We all know time is of the essence when it comes to running a business, and when our management teams are being questioned about specific metrics within the business, being able to refer back to critical metric reporting and information quickly is integral to the business performance and the impact it is having on the business.
An intelligence dashboard pulls data from your software meaning staff do not have to spend hours extracting information from excel spreadsheets and saves staff valuable time that can be used more effectively.
Having easy access to real-time KPIs means that management has the ability to be pro-active and allows them to address business challenges before they become a problem and start to impact the bottom line of the business – a quick glance can mean business issues can be investigated and turned around quickly and any software bugs can potentially be identified and fixed as soon as they are spotted.
A user dashboard is quite simply a software application that collects, connects and correlates data from various (bespoke) systems and individual departments of businesses and presents this data as charts and graphs – a dashboard can be restricted by user-level meaning that each department can display their own data and management but add restrictions so only staff concerned with their specific department can report on over performance rather than the overall business performance if this is something that does not need to be shared with all employees in each department.
As programming and charting tools advance, it is with little investment and time that businesses can develop bespoke business intelligence dashboards that can provide essential information especially focusing on the most important KPIs and allow each department to monitor data in real-time.
- Business dashboards are fully customisable as per user expectations. Each person will see the level of detail they need in order to successfully get their job done and to meet their goals.
- Instead of spending hours analysing and reviewing different reports dashboards allow you to see at a glance the overall situation report and all the desired information in an easily readable format.
- Dashboards can be designed to drill down into further detail – your dashboard can go as deep into information as required by simply selecting the desired variable.
- Dashboards are generally designed to be intuitive to any user so there should be no expensive and exhaustive training – the graphics on your dashboards should be self-explanatory and easy to use providing smooth navigation of the system.
- Your dashboard should be designed to be compatible with any mobile device, meaning the data you or your staff require is accessible in a timely manner and with the most accurate data.
At JCD we have worked with many clients to develop bespoke software systems with intelligent business dashboards designed to quickly show the required information in a simple and understandable format that has transformed their businesses, for more information, we’d love to hear from you.